GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly

+17
legokangpalla
Raizan
badon
drkosta
Joey12
zuganator
Caritaxd
zenith_nut
peterchua96
Wolfgang_Krauser
Teebo
Riantx
chriswallace959
Renealfredo
suave6565
Jackfrost71
abc222
21 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly - Page 10 Empty Re: GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 03:01

Jake Hobwitz wrote:
I vote 16gb RAM.

I don't mind the extra $100.00.

Sorry, there is really no upgrade plan!

However, do not rule out the follow-up we launched their own research and development of SSD.

The next generation of products, we will consider the 16GB RAM!
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly - Page 10 Empty Re: GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 03:02

Frank Dupont wrote:
I am willing to pay for $100.00 for 16gb RAM.

Sorry, there is really no upgrade plan!

However, do not rule out the follow-up we launched their own research and development of SSD.

The next generation of products, we will consider the 16GB RAM!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 03:06

cuberootg wrote:me too. i dont mind paying extra for 16GB ram!

Thank you for your support! There is really no upgrade plan!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 03:11

badon wrote:16 GB of RAM is definitely worth an extra $100. I could probably use up to 64 GB RAM. I currently use 32 GB RAM.

Rich! But the price of RAM rose sharply, for most people, spend more money to buy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 03:15

cuberootg wrote:So.. in preparing for this gpd win2 in a few days. i was looking for storage to make it more capable of having more games and not bring extra memory card. i was looking for ssd storage which apparently the biggest was 512gb. I wished they used the longer ssd so we can jack it up to 2TB. Anyway, i was this brand king spec which is way cheaper than transcend. i also saw it was used in one of the videos here as well.

What do you guys think about this brand. should this suffice? or getting the transcend brand will give more reasonable speed boost vs the cheaper kingspec brand?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/KingSpec-512GB-キャッシュ搭載-Thinkpad-ハードディスク/dp/B01LZ9RFF7

vs
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B016W1PP5K/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr2_1?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&qid=1515721332&sr=8-1-fkmr2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=transcend512gb+ssd+m2

which one will you go for guys if you are to choose?

thanks for anyone who will reply.

also i wonder what ram is used on the gpd win2? i was thinking if it was really 8gb. can we opt for replacing it with higher and have it reinstall or solder by expert?

Not recommended kingspec this brand, we know the brand, his headquarters in Shenzhen, kingspec's SSD is used in Taiwan's low-end compatible master chip, such as: PHISON, SMI.

Suggest buying Transcend SSD 512GB.

Memory is used LPDDR-1866, as to which brand, marketing do not know here, need to open the machine to understand.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 06:46

To all GPD user:

Please take notice:

While the GPD Win 2 crowd funding campaign has yet to be initiated, many GPD user has already planning to purchase additional 2242 form factors SSD for the purpose storage upgrade on the GPD WIN 2. However, at GPD, we advise our user to not trying to save money by purchasing lower quality 2242 SSD.

SSD consist of memory controller chip and NAND-based flash memory.

For memory controller found in SSD, there are lower end OEM manufacturer such as Phison or SMI, and also higher end controller such as those from Marvell and Samsung. However, some SSD manufacturer produces their own memory controller chip such Transcend.

There are even more NAND based flash storage found on the market, such as TLC, SLC, and MLC and other less known types of based flash storage chips, the endurance and the amount of heat produced by these SSD chips differs by the type of memory chip used. However, it can be differentiated by the types of memory controllers or the price of the SSD.

Majority of the lower end memory controller produced by Taiwan’s manufacturer has good capability with different types of NAND chips. As such, man lower end SSD found on the market will use memory controllers from Taiwan’s based manufacturer and low end TLC based NAND chips. As the result, often these SSD will cause problems such as:

1.Drive suddenly disappear under Windows. Yet, appears again after reboot;
2.Sudden decrease in storage capacity;
3.Bad sectors;
4.Overheating;
5.Unable to write in data into the SSD; or
6.Loss of data.

As a guideline, if GPD users are looking to purchase these lower end SSD’s, If there are problem that occurred in GPD WIN 2, that are not the hardware of the Win 2 itself, GPD will not take any responsibility nor will do any repair for these problems caused by the SSD itself.

Currently on the market, there are not many choices of 2242 form factor SSD. GPD recommends brands such as Transcend, Lenovo, and ADATA. While Lenovo and ADATA uses Taiwan based memory controller, but they will not use NAND chips from unknown sources. Plextor is a Japanese brand, while they had been purchased by LiteON, their primary focus is on high end markets. Thus, Plextor’s SSD is recommended. SSD from other larger manufacturers can be used as well.

However, GPD do not recommend 2242 form factor’s SSD from these manufacturers:
1.LiteOn;
2.KingSpec;
3.Teclast;
4.Intel; and
5.Other SSD from unknown brands.

For Intel’s SSD, if there are problem occurred, they issues refunds. However, the refunds are only available in USD, thus not recommended for people outside of USA. For other brands listed above, warranty claim is almost impossible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cuberootg 2018-01-12, 07:01

so if we use transcend. warranty will still be intact?

cuberootg

帖子数 : 18
注册日期 : 2017-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-12, 07:41

cuberootg wrote:so if we use transcend. warranty will still be intact?
Only for machine warranty. The reason for this message is that we do not recommend some SSDs. If we do not state them in advance, many people think that the above problems of SSDs are caused by our machines.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cuberootg 2018-01-12, 07:45

make sense. ill go with transcend then. so does transcend dont heat up when used? coz i saw in the video kingspec heats up really intense as the reviewer noted. thanks! btw, Nswitch owner here. will there be like accessories like a gpd win case with battery pack for gpd win2??

cuberootg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailsdafox94 2018-01-12, 14:56

hello, can Sonic force play on the Win 2?
Tailsdafox94
Tailsdafox94

帖子数 : 9
注册日期 : 2017-12-21
地点 : United States

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaloopa 2018-01-12, 17:33

We should be able to use either a micro SD card or a miniature USB stick as virtual memory, like page files. That'll give the system as much virtual memory as we want, making the built-in 8 GB of RAM less of a limitation for memory-hungry games and users. USB 3.0 is pretty quick and is very good for virtual memory, just make sure your USB stick is made for USB 3.0 or better.

Chaloopa

Back to top Go down

Post by badon 2018-01-13, 05:58

The big difference is the write speed. I'm not sure how much that affects games. Do they do more reading, or writing?

badon

帖子数 : 17
注册日期 : 2018-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadz Madero 2018-01-13, 15:42

@ Chaloopa,

Order of processing:

CPU
L2 Cache
L3 Cache
HDD, SSD, M.2, USB
page file.

Your presumptions is not what you think.

Nadz Madero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paolo Grecia 2018-01-14, 07:10

Can you post the link to indiegogo?

Paolo Grecia

Back to top Go down

GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly - Page 10 Empty Can gpd win 2 support NVme ssd?

Post by Jong SF 2018-01-14, 09:28

I found that now will out the m2 2422 ssd that support nvme, should that gpd win2 support this type of ssd at future and not only sata3?

pcgamer.com/toshiba-aims-for-mainstream-pricing-with-new-rc100-nvme-ssds/

Jong SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaloopa 2018-01-14, 15:04

@ Badon

I think games would do more reading, at least when you first turn them on.

Using USB for virtual memory:

Normally, virtual memory (page file) uses a computer's main storage disk to extend the computer's memory. However, the system also reads from and writes to the main storage disk a lot for other tasks. It can only do one of these tasks at a time, so if it's reading from one place, it puts the rest of the reading and writing tasks on a waiting list until it finishes. If it's reading and writing data files and reading and writing page files to the same drive, it can slow the system down considerably. That's part of why the old budget computers from department stores were so slow; They had small amounts of RAM, so the systems relied heavily on page files for their memory. When those computers used the older, slower, spinning drives for everything like this, it slowed the systems down a whole bunch.

So! If you use a USB stick for page files, then the system is reading your operating system, game, and data files from the storage drive and writing memory tasks to the RAM and USB stick independently, speeding up the process. It worked very well for older desktop and laptop PCs, before the advent of solid state drives (SSDs) and hybrid drives. Windows even offered it as an option in the pop-up menu when you plugged in a USB stick: It said something to the effect of "Boost your PC," and it would let you set up your USB stick as virtual memory. I never tried it, but my brother said it helped speed up an older computer of his. Solid state devices also have a limited number of read/write cycles, so using a separate drive for virtual memory might help extend the life or our drives. Granted, I've used a solid state drive in a mini laptop with little RAM for years and haven't worn it out yet, so I'm confident it won't be a problem for us.

I've not yet used SSDs or M.2 drives in high-performance devies or situations such as our beloved GPD Win 2, so I don't know how much it may impact performance. It may not matter much anymore, because I know these newer drives are a lot faster than older, mechanical drives.

A lot of people would like to see bigger RAM options (I would as well, but I know there are reasons for the limitations). Personally, I'd like to see a GPD Win with a higher-spec processor. The Core m3 is more or less the replacement for the Atom processor, and both are more mobile-focused than performance-focused. I know it isn't possible for Win 2 due to size, heat, power needs, and cost, but it would be awesome to see a device with an i5 or even i7 in a small, gamer-centric form factor like this. Maybe for GPD Win 3... Wink

Even so, I have to say that after watching Phawx's playtesting and reviews, Win 2 looks pretty awesome.

Only one more day!  bounce

There's a link to the Indiegogo page in the first post. I'm posting as a guest, and it won't let me copy the link here.

Chaloopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailsdafox94 2018-01-14, 15:17

I'm thinking buy a 200gb mirco sd card after i have my Win2 in my hand. I don't know if few games will run on SD card.
Tailsdafox94
Tailsdafox94

帖子数 : 9
注册日期 : 2017-12-21
地点 : United States

Back to top Go down

Post by cuberootg 2018-01-15, 03:07

GPD WIN: A handheld game console that can run AAA games smoothly - Page 10 Captur10

Finally got mine after staying up at 5am and booking it as 6am(Beijing time in UAE).

cuberootg

Back to top Go down

Post by zenith_nut 2018-01-15, 04:33

Dear @Admin

Could you please tell me the approximate when the retails round will open to let the customer buy directly from your website?

Thank you

zenith_nut

帖子数 : 3
注册日期 : 2017-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by badon 2018-01-15, 04:43

Where is the website?

badon

帖子数 : 17
注册日期 : 2018-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-15, 09:27

cuberootg wrote:make sense. ill go with transcend then. so does transcend dont heat up when used? coz i saw in the video kingspec heats up really intense as the reviewer noted. thanks! btw, Nswitch owner here. will there be like accessories like a gpd win case with battery pack for gpd win2??

kingspec a lot of heat! transcend will be much better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-15, 09:29

Tailsdafox94 wrote:hello, can Sonic force play on the Win 2?
Yes, I think the minimum effects should work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-15, 09:31

Chaloopa wrote:We should be able to use either a micro SD card or a miniature USB stick as virtual memory, like page files. That'll give the system as much virtual memory as we want, making the built-in 8 GB of RAM less of a limitation for memory-hungry games and users. USB 3.0 is pretty quick and is very good for virtual memory, just make sure your USB stick is made for USB 3.0 or better.
Even if the virtual cache is stored in SSD space, it does not affect the read and write speed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-15, 09:34

badon wrote:The big difference is the write speed. I'm not sure how much that affects games. Do they do more reading, or writing?

Before buying SSD, ask the store customer service.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-15, 09:35

Nadz Madero wrote:
@ Chaloopa,

Order of processing:

CPU
L2 Cache
L3 Cache
HDD, SSD, M.2, USB
page file.

Your presumptions is not what you think.

Completely correct, you understand Computer!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next