GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound

4 posters

Go down

RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound  Empty RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound

Post by eedwin 2016-11-06, 16:50

After approx 1 week of usage of the GPD Win the Internal speaker now has no sound output. The headphone jack produces sound via headphones as expected. I've tried the following to attempt a fix;

1) Restart
2) Restore Point
3) Update driver - has no effect
4) Reset (Reinstalled Windows 10) - has no effect

Please help me to resolve this issue.

kind regards

Last edited by eedwin on 2016-11-16, 03:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No response after 10 days)

eedwin

帖子数 : 5
注册日期 : 2016-11-06

Back to top Go down

RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound  Empty Re: RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound

Post by Karen_zhou 2016-11-24, 04:21

eedwin wrote:After approx 1 week of usage of the GPD Win the Internal speaker now has no sound output. The headphone jack produces sound via headphones as expected. I've tried the following to attempt a fix;

1) Restart
2) Restore Point

kind regards

It may because of the loose of the connection line for internal speaker. To solve this problem, you need to open up the device to fix it. Please find below the teardown link:
https://youtu.be/aJ5bBK5ZQag. However, if you find it difficult to fix it yourself, you may need to send your GPD WIN back to us to repair.

Karen_zhou

帖子数 : 47
注册日期 : 2016-11-22

Back to top Go down

RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound  Empty Re: RMA Request: Internal Speaker output has no sound

Post by eedwin 2016-11-25, 08:45

I opened the GPD Win and have found the following issues;
  1. Audio Output – There is no sound from the internal speaker although the headphone jack works; the electrical connection is fine.
  2. Wifi – No wifi Access Points are shown in the wifi dialogue, therefore wifi does not operate. Initially 5Ghz networks were absent, then it would not connect to any wifi signals, now no signals are shown.
  3. Build Quality – Upon opening the device to diagnose the speaker problem I found that there is a stray fine copper wire from under the main board to the screen hinge (with hindsight this could be a shard from the heatsink, I didn't remove the main board from the case to look).

eedwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen_zhou 2016-12-06, 04:32

eedwin wrote:I opened the GPD Win and have found the following issues;
  1. Audio Output – There is no sound from the internal speaker although the headphone jack works; the electrical connection is fine.
  2. Wifi – No wifi Access Points are shown in the wifi dialogue, therefore wifi does not operate. Initially 5Ghz networks were absent, then it would not connect to any wifi signals, now no signals are shown.
  3. Build Quality – Upon opening the device to diagnose the speaker problem I found that there is a stray fine copper wire from under the main board to the screen hinge (with hindsight this could be a shard from the heatsink, I didn't remove the main board from the case to look).

Regarding the Wifi problem, if there is no wifi Access Points, it maybe lack of corresponding frequency band. We suggest you to find out the GPD WIN wifi patch as shown below:

GPD WIN WIFI patch
For AU Backer: https://mega.nz/#!NcJFmIpC!w-qduTKLipS2119ZWy9h8GRVah3KbCAbdz5PVa3WZwc
For JP Backer: https://mega.nz/#!VUhTWCja!_geaVwKq3tgTkFoFlviUrbPgbhH88WdCAtg3TN88bqk
For US Backer: https://mega.nz/#!VUZx1AAb!XdDyLUbytthJ832RZfxGFrMCS2RxyWPjLOmJvi4Zf0E
For CN Backer: https://mega.nz/#!cJpw0Crb!f_yZSSQJtUo4ZT9QycDTnQOkm1DkB7uL5uaxmO47F2A

Please choose one corresponding to you country or region.

Regarding the problem of internal speaker, please try to see if there is any sound after restarting the device.

Karen_zhou

Back to top Go down

Post by eedwin 2016-12-08, 02:42

eedwin wrote:After approx 1 week of usage of the GPD Win the Internal speaker now has no sound output. The headphone jack produces sound via headphones as expected. I've tried the following to attempt a fix;

1) Restart
2) Restore Point

kind regards

Regarding the internal speaker I did the above, including restarting the device, I also opened the device to attempt a repair. Sound (and wifi) did initially work for the first week.

Please let me know the address where I should send the device for repair?

eedwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen_zhou 2016-12-08, 02:50

eedwin wrote:

1) Restart
2) Restore Point

kind regards

Regarding the internal speaker I did the above, including restarting the device, I also opened the device to attempt a repair. Sound (and wifi) did initially work for the first week.

Please let me know the address where I should send the device for repair?

Sorry for the issue. Please send an email to kendyzhu777@softwincn.com. Please put "repair machine (your pledge ID + your country)" as the email subject, and attach your indigogo order screenshot and the problem of your GPD WIN. We will try to reply to you soon.

Karen_zhou

Back to top Go down

Post by beeemer 2017-09-22, 02:22

Was the above ever solved? I have the same problem with the speaker! Help!

beeemer

注册日期 : 2017-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by eedwin 2017-09-22, 02:54

I had to send the unit back to Germany for repair. I have now upgraded to a GPD pocket.

eedwin

Back to top Go down

Post by beeemer 2017-09-22, 02:59

Thanks for the quick reply. Did they ever confirm what was wrong? The wires look fine on mine

And have you found the Pocket to be a much better machine?

beeemer

Back to top Go down

Post by eedwin 2017-09-22, 12:26

I'm unsure what the actual repair was, but it worked fine when I received it back.
The Pocket has a much better keyboard & larger screen.

eedwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2017-10-18, 11:11

GPD WIN firmware 20170518
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9A27129BD97688B43BDBF6924C58CB938C45F3C1
Bit torrent seed: https://mega.nz/#!duA2jBKA!diZOZokEnLpre2M5bpAaVD8wZoZe52_a-XgdvZbEuKY

Try the system firmware
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beeemer 2017-10-18, 11:39

It was a faulty speaker (mechanical fault). I had to chase a bit but eventually GPD got back to me and I now have a new speaker installed and everything is working fine

beeemer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2017-10-23, 07:51

beeemer wrote:It was a faulty speaker (mechanical fault). I had to chase a bit but eventually GPD got back to me and I now have a new speaker installed and everything is working fine

ok!
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down