GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10

2 posters

Go down

Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10 Empty Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10

Post by alexandros 2018-04-05, 17:03

Hi,

I’m experiencing on my GPD Pocket a very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep actions on Windows 10.

The power button stays lit white and orange or just white if I wake from sleep, for about at least 2-3 minutes then performs the restart or shutdown operation. For wake from sleep it’s faster but still takes some frustrating time having you thinking it has frozen.

Is this normal behavior and how can we change this for this to instantly restart/shutdown or wake from sleep?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Alexandros

alexandros

帖子数 : 18
注册日期 : 2018-02-10

Back to top Go down

Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10 Empty Re: Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10

Post by alissa914 2018-04-13, 02:15

Haven't had this issue yet but if I recall from past notebooks with eMMC, you may want to do a TRIM. Go to start->Run (or hit WinKey+R) and type in DFRGUI.EXE

It will give you the option to OPTIMIZE. It knows it's an SSD and won't defrag but it will TRIM your drive.

The other thing to do is to download the latest drivers. http://www.gpd.hk/news.asp?id=1519&selectclassid=002002

alissa914

帖子数 : 5
注册日期 : 2018-04-13

Back to top Go down

Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10 Empty Re: Very long delay on shutdown, restart and wake from sleep on Windows 10

Post by alexandros 2018-08-01, 09:01

Unfortunately the Optimize didn't fix the issue. I have it already updated in terms of OS and drivers.

Whatever I do, when I shut the GPD Pocket down, I have the right LED of the Power key lit white for several minutes (typically about 5 minutes), then it finally goes off.

I also notice standby time when in sleep mode is ridiculously low, and sometimes, instead of actually shutting down, my GPD Pocket will restart Windows.

If I didn't have this issue, my experience with the GPD Pocket would have been very good.

alexandros

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandros 2018-08-01, 10:25

I thought I had fixed this by resetting my BIOS settings to defaults but the issue came back after a couple of reboots.

After that, I tried to re-upgrade to the latest BIOS 0807 and reset to defaults again but that did not help, I still have 5 minutes of right LED of the Power key lit white before the GPD actually switches off.

If it was just cosmetic, I wouldn't mind, but sometimes the GPD fails to actuallyy shut-off and reboots, which causes the battery to drain until 0%. Very annoying.

alexandros

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandros 2018-08-01, 11:43

I still haven't fixed the issue, but I noticed something quite interesting:

- when I fresh boot on the login screen and directly shut down from there, there's no issue, the computer almost immediately shuts off

- when I boot on to the Windows desktop then shutdown from there, the issue is there, I have to wait 5 minutes once Windows has shut down for the right white LED of the Power key turns off, with sometimes ending up to a system reboot even when the cap is closed, something that drains the battery.

alexandros

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandros 2018-08-01, 12:53

I believe I finally fixed the issue !

I actually followed an advice from a comment on this reddit post :

https://www.reddit.com/r/GPDPocket/comments/728dtz/fail_to_windows_shutdown/

It says to uninstall Virtual Box or VMware. For some reason the issue hasn’t reappeared since I uninstalled Virtual Box that I was using. That means no virtualization on the GPD though...

alexandros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down