GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off.

5 posters

Go down

pocket - My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off. Empty 8 Inch Pocket Windows 10

Post by Assimilated 2017-09-18, 22:06

I love the 7 inch pocket but I so wish you'd made it at 8 inch with a pen, clamshell key board which can fold back on its self, wacom pen with a decent processor, ram, storage and 4:3 aspect ratio.

Try and do this before the Surface Mini eventually surfaces as I predict it will eventual happen.

I presently use the Hp608 with a small 8 inch Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad, and a pen. And on paper it works for me but its an epic fail.

Negatives, Too slow, too hot and its not got a fixed keyboard.

Positives: Good screen resolution, 4:3 aspect ratio.

I also use a Samsung Tab S2 with a clamshell keyboard and it works well but its not Windows 10.

Assimilated

帖子数 : 2
注册日期 : 2017-09-18

Back to top Go down

pocket - My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off. Empty My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off.

Post by sanjurjo 2017-09-25, 10:02

My GPD Pocket 7 fail to power off after windows shutdown

I see the right white led light (power button) when the machine is allegedly off state after windows shutdown.
To turn off light/complete shutdown i need to press again button until light off. Is this normal?

NO USB devices. AC not plug. Power settings: never sleep, power button -> shutdown

Sometimes it reboot to windows spontaneously while waiting for led to turn off.

Probably related / same problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GPDPocket/comments/6rfq9g/gpd_pocket_will_not_power_off/

P.D. Also noticed closing lid does not turn off screen.

sanjurjo

帖子数 : 1
注册日期 : 2017-09-25

Back to top Go down

pocket - My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off. Empty Re: My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off.

Post by Admin 2017-10-18, 09:52

sanjurjo wrote:My GPD Pocket 7 fail to power off after windows shutdown

I see the right white led light (power button) when the machine is allegedly off state after windows shutdown.
To turn off light/complete shutdown i need to press again button until light off. Is this normal?

NO USB devices. AC not plug. Power settings: never sleep, power button -> shutdown

Sometimes it reboot to windows spontaneously while waiting for led to turn off.

Probably related / same problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GPDPocket/comments/6rfq9g/gpd_pocket_will_not_power_off/

P.D. Also noticed closing lid does not turn off screen.

You can email to kendyz@gpd.hk
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

pocket - My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off. Empty Re: My GPD Pocket does NOT Turn Off.

Post by alexandros 2018-04-08, 17:43

I have similar issue on both shutdown and restart. Either takes minutes to actually shutdown or it never does. I have to force shutdown

Should I also mail you ?

alexandros

帖子数 : 18
注册日期 : 2018-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by alissa914 2018-04-13, 18:23

Actually, it seems you put the device into sleep mode.  I checked my power settings in Windows 10 and by default, it has the power button set to sleep.  Mine had the fan constantly running and I saw the orange or white light.... I clicked it and it came back on.  Then I shut down and it stopped doing that.

If you want to toggle on/off hibernation to see if that helps, open a "Command Prompt Admin" using Win+X and type in:
POWERCFG -H OFF

(or ON if you want it on) or possibly map the power button to hibernate?

But I believe that hibernate is supposed to be bad for SSDs, so you can just change your power button action to be shutdown instead.

Last edited by alissa914 on 2018-04-13, 22:09; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : because I'm awesome.)

alissa914

帖子数 : 5
注册日期 : 2018-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandros 2018-08-01, 11:49

My settngs are "shutdown" for the Power button and it actually says 'shutting down" when I press it. Even by selecting shutdown manually I have the same exact behavior.

Turning hibernation off doesn’t help either. The only way to turn it off properly is actually to never go further than the initial Windows login screen. Which basically means stop using the GPD Pocket.

This issue drives me nuts !

alexandros

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandros 2018-08-01, 12:52

I believe I finally fixed the issue !

I actually followed an advice from a comment on this reddit post :

https://www.reddit.com/r/GPDPocket/comments/728dtz/fail_to_windows_shutdown/

It says to uninstall Virtual Box or VMware. For some reason the issue hasn’t reappeared since I uninstalled Virtual Box that I was using. That means no virtualization on the GPD though...

alexandros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down