GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

BSOD errors making computer unusable

3 posters

Go down

BSOD errors making computer unusable Empty BSOD errors making computer unusable

Post by Duke007 2017-08-26, 13:32

I am getting bsod errors about every 30 minutes. The error messages include "Kernel Security Check Failure" and "KMode Exception Not Handled" as well as several others. I am ready to start over.
1. Does the computer have a recovery partition that can be used to reinstall everything?
2. I see various downloadable links online for firmware, drivers and BIOS. How do these relate to reinstalling Windows 10?
Is win10 installation included in the GPD firmware update?
3. Can someone walk me through the steps to reinstall everything? (something like a procedure list)
a) delete windows???
b) update BIOS
c) install GPD firmware
d) update drivers?

Thanks for any and all help.

Duke007

帖子数 : 6
注册日期 : 2017-08-26

Back to top Go down

BSOD errors making computer unusable Empty Re: BSOD errors making computer unusable

Post by starkruzr 2017-09-15, 03:03

I get these too. I was getting them a lot, and then reinstalled Windows via a Microsoft ESD and then installed the GPD drivers. I have had one Exception Not Handled since then, shortly after installing it, and haven't had another since. The fact that you're having the same issues makes me think it's a driver issue and not a hardware failure -- I have run CPU and memory tests without problems. Strangely, the longer I have the machine running, the fewer BSODs I get. I have no idea what this means.

starkruzr

帖子数 : 11
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

Back to top Go down

BSOD errors making computer unusable Empty Re: BSOD errors making computer unusable

Post by starkruzr 2017-09-15, 03:04

I should note that I installed the Intel graphics driver because the GPD one refused to install. You may want to try this.

starkruzr

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke007 2017-09-15, 09:26

Did you install Windows from USB stick( what is Microsoft Esd). I have a win10 installation disc. Did you have to change Bios setting first? Did you install updated Bios also?

Duke007

Back to top Go down

Post by starkruzr 2017-09-15, 19:21

Yes, from a USB stick which I created with Microsoft's media creation tool -- that is called an ESD. I did install the updated (unlocked) BIOS.

starkruzr

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke007 2017-09-17, 09:11

Starkruzer - I got the bios updated and installed windows via ESD. Tried to install the GPD drivers but screen says drivers are not as current as those already installed. My screen appears in portrait mode only. Is the Intel graphics driver you mentioned what I need to rotate the screen? How did you locate the proper driver to install? Thanks for the help.

Duke007

Back to top Go down

Post by starkruzr 2017-09-17, 09:13

There is actually an Intel Driver Update Utility: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility I used that. Rotating the screen 270 degrees after that was just a matter of going into graphics properties. In fact, I think you can do that while you're initially using the Microsoft software graphics driver.

starkruzr

Back to top Go down

Post by starkruzr 2017-09-17, 09:14

Also, today I had one more BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. It seemed to be related to plugging/unplugging the power to the USB-C port. I may have to ask GeekBuying for a replacement unit :-/

starkruzr

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke007 2017-09-23, 11:25

I have tried everything and spent days reinstalling/updating/repairing/researching to no avail. Still getting repeated BSOD. Tried to return item to vendor in China, but Thai postal system will not accept any item with a battery and DHL says cost/customs problems make shipping difficult. I am unable to contact GPD by email, phone or Skype. Anyone have a last chance suggestion? Thanks

Duke007

Back to top Go down

Post by starkruzr 2017-09-23, 18:18

Duke, who did you originally purchase from? You should contact them to process a return rather than trying to deal directly with GPD, IMO.

starkruzr

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke007 2017-10-04, 15:50

I have tried for weeks to get this working. I've reinstalled, updated, changed, repaired, and diagnosed every idea that anyone online has suggested, but even with a clean windows 10 install and no third party software, I get constant and varied BSODs. I never figured out how to use the firmware update offered by GPD.
Is it possible to jump ship and install the Ubuntu software? If so, I'd appreciate any details. Thanks

Duke007

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2017-10-18, 08:56

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

Download the firmware and follow the instructions in it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum