GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Touchscreen problem

2 posters

Go down

Touchscreen problem Empty Touchscreen problem

Post by exorio 2016-11-26, 12:35

Hei guys, I'll go straight to the point :

So because of the game crashes on the graphics ("programs blocked from accessing graphics hardware" error) I went resetting my GPD Win Windows hoping that it would make it better, reinstall all the drivers from the official driver pack release, everything is working, except the touchscreen was all over the place.

I'm trying to find goodix driver (touchscreen, firmware probably in this case), but this driver is reaaaaallly hard to find.

Kendy replied to me by email, and it's included within the driver pack :

https://mega.nz/#F!JUATALLT!PZv98emj5e2rvtCHE0JlHA

After all the drivers installed, the device recognized my touch from every point on the screen... BUT... mostly they're registered off-screen.

And when I touch the right side, it registered on the left side of the screen and vice versa. Calibrating using Windows' default calibration tool don't work.

Sometimes even 2 cursors appeared while I only use one finger to touch the screen.

So for the last resort I've downloaded the firmware :
https://mega.nz/#F!NcBVQBDA!FK2jal9K57DU5LzRnPDJAQ

Installed it, got the welcome options like when I received my GPD Win.

But it doesn't respond to my touch (probably because the cursor was off-screen). So I fill up everything, but then after I'm in Windows, the touchscreen still behave the same.

What I did previously before doing a full reset :

Updated all the drivers (I figure maybe not just the graphics driver that caused this) using softwares like Advanced Driver Updater and Auslogic Driver Updater. But it turns out a mess, and it doesn't solve the graphic hardware crashes on games.

Updated the bios from your previous update on IndieGogo (seems that you've removed the link) :
https://mega.nz/#F!kdZnxIQI!HBreDSkh0dkxjsbxJH5m2Q

Sending you back my GPD isn't an option, because the custom fees are so damn expensive I might as well wait for GPD Win 2 for that kind of cost (almost the same price as GPD Win itself).

Any idea on how should I proceed from here?

Perhaps you can provide me with what type of Goodix chipset/controller used in GPD Win? Even better, can you provide me with the firmware itself you guys are using, since I suspect I probably accidentally messed up with the touchscreen firmware, because of the driver updater softwares.

The hardware was fine when I received them (except for graphics hardware crashes on games), touchscreen works correctly, so I suppose this isn't hardware issue. Only after I reset my Windows.

Thank you.

Touchscreen problem Img_2010
Touchscreen problem Img_2011

exorio

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Touchscreen problem Empty Re: Touchscreen problem

Post by Karen_zhou 2016-11-28, 04:38

exorio wrote:Hei guys, I'll go straight to the point :

So because of the game crashes on the graphics ("programs blocked from accessing graphics hardware" error) I went resetting my GPD Win Windows hoping that it would make it better, reinstall all the drivers from the official driver pack release, everything is working, except the touchscreen was all over the place.

I'm trying to find goodix driver (touchscreen, firmware probably in this case), but this driver is reaaaaallly hard to find.

After all the drivers installed, the device recognized my touch from every point on the screen... BUT... mostly they're registered off-screen.

And when I touch the right side, it registered on the left side of the screen and vice versa. Calibrating using Windows' default calibration tool don't work.

Sometimes even 2 cursors appeared while I only use one finger to touch the screen.

But it doesn't respond to my touch (probably because the cursor was off-screen). So I fill up everything, but then after I'm in Windows, the touchscreen still behave the same.

Updated all the drivers (I figure maybe not just the graphics driver that caused this) using softwares like Advanced Driver Updater and Auslogic Driver Updater. But it turns out a mess, and it doesn't solve the graphic hardware crashes on games.

Updated the bios from your previous update on IndieGogo (seems that you've removed the link) :

Sending you back my GPD isn't an option, because the custom fees are so damn expensive I might as well wait for GPD Win 2 for that kind of cost (almost the same price as GPD Win itself).

Perhaps you can provide me with what type of Goodix chipset/controller used in GPD Win? Even better, can you provide me with the firmware itself you guys are using, since I suspect I probably accidentally messed up with the touchscreen firmware, because of the driver updater softwares.

The hardware was fine when I received them (except for graphics hardware crashes on games), touchscreen works correctly, so I suppose this isn't hardware issue. Only after I reset my Windows.

Thank you.

Sorry for the issue. It has been confirmed that if it appears "Graphic hardware has stopped responce,already been recovered", or "programs blocked from accessing graphics hardware",
it is because the lack of voltage of CPU Stitch. Please send your product back to us to repair.

However, if you think the repair price is too high, please purchase the components here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/The-components-and-auxiliary-materials-we-can-provide/1281164_32770371841.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.7td3O9
and go to a local store around you to repir it accourding to the manual in the aliexpress website.

We hope this can solve your issue.

Karen_zhou

帖子数 : 47
注册日期 : 2016-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by exorio 2016-11-28, 08:22

Karen_zhou wrote:

Thank you.

Sorry for the issue. It has been confirmed that if it appears "Graphic hardware has stopped responce,already been recovered", or "programs blocked from accessing graphics hardware",
it is because the lack of voltage of CPU Stitch. Please send your product back to us to repair.

However, if you think the repair price is too high, please purchase the components here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/The-components-and-auxiliary-materials-we-can-provide/1281164_32770371841.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.7td3O9
and go to a local store around you to repir it accourding to the manual in the aliexpress website.

Hey Karen,

Now I got 2 issues.

I've tried everything for the touchscreen error on the software side (firmware, drivers, etc, none worked).

So for the touchscreen, I've ordered the touchscreen panel from Aliexpress. That's all I can afford for now.

And about the fix graphic crashes, is it confirmed and fully tested that this will fix the problem?

Thank you.

exorio

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen_zhou 2016-12-06, 03:47

exorio wrote:
Karen_zhou wrote:

Thank you.

Hey Karen,

Now I got 2 issues.

I've tried everything for the touchscreen error on the software side (firmware, drivers, etc, none worked).

So for the touchscreen, I've ordered the touchscreen panel from Aliexpress. That's all I can afford for now.

And about the fix graphic crashes, is it confirmed and fully tested that this will fix the problem?

Thank you.

Sorry for the issue. Please send an email to kendyzhu777@softwincn.com. Please put "repair machine (your pledge ID + your country)" as the email subject, and attach your indigogo order screenshot and the problem of your GPD WIN. We will try to reply to you soon.

Karen_zhou

帖子数 : 47
注册日期 : 2016-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by exorio 2016-12-17, 17:16

Hi Karen, received my new screen yesterday, installed it on my GPD, touchscreen working well again.

So I'm positive the firmware was busted. It's my fault.

Anyway great job on the device. Couldn't be more happier than this.

exorio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down