GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

3 posters

Go down

linux - Improved Linux support for the GPDwin Empty Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

Post by hansdegoede 2017-04-01, 15:13

Hi,

I'm a Linux kernl developer who recently has started playing with the GPDwin and I've written quite a few kernel patches to make Linux work better on the GPDwin, if you're interested in running Linux on the GPDwin, see:

http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/17445.html

for more information and some step-by-step instructions for getting Linux with my kernel to run on the GPDwin.

Regards,

Hans

hansdegoede

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 2017-02-25

Back to top Go down

linux - Improved Linux support for the GPDwin Empty Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

Post by ArchiMark 2017-04-01, 22:50

hansdegoede wrote:Hi,

I'm a Linux kernl developer who recently has started playing with the GPDwin and I've written quite a few kernel patches to make Linux work better on the GPDwin, if you're interested in running Linux on the GPDwin, see:

http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/17445.html

for more information and some step-by-step instructions for getting Linux with my kernel to run on the GPDwin.

Regards,

Hans

Hi Hans,

Wow!

You've done a lot of work, thank you for doing this and sharing all the helpful info on webpage.

You got the display rotated correctly when using a window manager?

Per my earlier posts, that's part that I had a lot of difficulty with, it would crash when trying to rotate.

When I have some time will try to follow your instructions. I will need to downgrade BIOS verson first.

Mark
ArchiMark
ArchiMark

帖子数 : 22
注册日期 : 2016-11-07

Back to top Go down

linux - Improved Linux support for the GPDwin Empty Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

Post by hansdegoede 2017-04-01, 23:12

Hi,

Yes using the gnome desktop environment + a recent iio-sensor-procy the display rotates to match the orientation of the device.

Regards,

Hans

hansdegoede

Back to top Go down

Post by hansdegoede 2017-04-01, 23:14

p.s.

As long as you don't need the UB-C port device mode the 20161118 BIOs will work fine too. Make sure your machine is fully charged before doing the BIOS downgrade.

hansdegoede

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchiMark 2017-04-02, 02:14

hansdegoede wrote:Hi,

Yes using the gnome desktop environment + a recent iio-sensor-procy the display rotates to match the orientation of the device.

Regards,

Hans

OK, thank you for clarifying.

So, if I understand correctly, you installed Fedora and gnome on your WIN and most things are working OK.

hansdegoede wrote:p.s.

As long as you don't need the UB-C port device mode the 20161118 BIOs will work fine too. Make sure your machine is fully charged before doing the BIOS downgrade.

Actually, I only use the USB-C port for charging. Use the USB port with a hub to connect other devices. So, don't really need to do the downgrade as you say.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

Last edited by ArchiMark on 2017-05-02, 02:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected my name)
ArchiMark
ArchiMark

帖子数 : 22
注册日期 : 2016-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FuLgOrE 2017-05-15, 01:17

I found the topic at kernel.org. It might be interesting for somebody
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9591813/

FuLgOrE

帖子数 : 20
注册日期 : 2016-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FuLgOrE 2017-05-16, 03:43

@hansdegoede:
Thank you for all your effort!

On your website you wrote that about half the patches will be implemented in linux 4.12.
Do you know which parts were accepted? I hope the battery patch is part of it. I tried to use your kernel sources to build a kernel for arch. Unfortunately I don't see the battery life in it. Most likely I did something wrong. I would like to wait for kernel 4.12 to be released for arch.

FuLgOrE

Back to top Go down

Post by FuLgOrE 2017-05-19, 05:52

I tried linux 4.12RC1 now.
I also added dmi_product_name=GPD-WINI55 to the kernel comand line. Unfortunately I didn't got a battery indication. Any ideas?

@Developer: Maybe I'm wrong but from what I see you should improve your bios. Are you planning to do that?

FuLgOrE

Back to top Go down

Post by FuLgOrE 2017-06-29, 01:33

On 4.12 RC6 still the same.
I'm installing RC7 now. It would be nice to know if the battery stuff is part of 4.12 and how to get it working.

FuLgOrE

Back to top Go down

Post by FuLgOrE 2017-07-01, 01:36

Same thing on Linux 4.12 RC7

Any advice would be nice.

FuLgOrE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down