GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

A very tiny laptop (7-inch)

+27
belkyros
opke
daich
speculatrix
cmvrgr
Green Potato
the9thdude
Spiegel
overdozer
GGG
JimB
Darakian
valera228
fg5100
uni-hige
Ikadzuchi
gadgetster
xoru
Greg Elmassian
tnak
promart93
kenya888
ichmoimeyo
ToniCipriani
habberjohn
fuyunkaya
Karen_zhou
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Empty Re: A very tiny laptop (7-inch)

Post by xoru 2017-01-10, 17:12

Ikadzuchi wrote:
But we Japanese needs more keys, namely, [無変換] [変換] [カタカナ/ひらがな] [¥ー] [\ろ]. (plus [半角/全角], which is the same as [`~])

he he ideal keyboard for You
https://klawiatura.wordpress.com/
A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Keyb-ja0

xoru

帖子数 : 11
注册日期 : 2017-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tnak 2017-01-10, 17:16

I noticed I've misunderstood about Fn key behavior.
Fn acts as a key code remapper.
So I change my opinion.
(mapped symbols should be blue, these were cut and pasted from
the origianal layout image tongue )

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Gpdock11

tnak

帖子数 : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by xoru 2017-01-10, 17:44

tnak wrote:Fn acts as a key code remapper.

The problem with []{};:'"<>? etc. is in terminal. In linux terminal is very important.
Please ask anybody who using ssh about keyboard.

menu,insert,printscreen etc is not neccesary. I prefer 3small keys than 2 big keys < and >

Please ask linux user and administrators who using ssh. Now any small laptop dont have linux keyboard. Many people using ssh and mc

xoru

Back to top Go down

Post by tnak 2017-01-10, 19:46

xoru wrote:
tnak wrote:Fn acts as a key code remapper.

The problem with []{};:'"<>? etc. is in terminal. In linux terminal is very important.
Please ask anybody who using ssh about keyboard.

menu,insert,printscreen etc is not neccesary. I prefer 3small keys than  2 big keys < and >

Please ask linux user and administrators who using ssh. Now any small laptop dont have linux keyboard. Many people using ssh and mc

symbols needs key combinaions, like:
Fn+O -> [
shift+Fn+O -> {

Is it a problem?

tnak

Back to top Go down

Post by fg5100 2017-01-11, 00:58

Please forgive me my lousy English.
I want a RAM 8GB option.(Ubuntu(No OS) model only?)
And below keyboard layout.
A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Gpkey11

fg5100

帖子数 : 1
注册日期 : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by valera228 2017-01-11, 02:11

Guys please.

Produce at least two versions

1 with 4 gb
2 with 8 gb RAM

Nowadays 4GB is nothing. And your target auditory are tech guys and geeks. We have money.
If it will cost 100$ more I will buy it 100%.

Also it would be great to have more SSD like 256 or 512. Or just use m2 or something like that to install my own ssd.
Of cource the price of 512 will signifintly large but you can build different ersion if you decide do not to use build in SSD.

Im higly recommend to think about replaceble parts for memory and SSD.

My dream is 16 gb RAM and 512 SSD with this size.

Thank you.

valera228

Back to top Go down

Post by Darakian 2017-01-11, 09:32

Please please please support coreboot on this device. More ram would also be nice, but if this has coreboot I will buy one in a heart beat!

Darakian

Back to top Go down

Post by xoru 2017-01-11, 12:34

tnak wrote:
Fn+O -> [
shift+Fn+O -> {

Is it a problem?

In my opinion this is not comfortable. Tell me why You make separate key for '.'?
[]"'`\/; is this same chars for admin, programmers.
Every sentence in human language ended '.'
Every sentence in programing language ended ';'

Look at post @fg5100
This is a Linux user ;-)

(please change Win key to Linux key or A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Mec5ef9dd44484799fe6403933585f113o0%26pid%3D15 box with 4 corner near apple

xoru

Back to top Go down

Post by xoru 2017-01-11, 12:36

Darakian wrote:Please please please support coreboot on this device. More ram would also be nice, but if this has coreboot I will buy one in a heart beat!

and wifi (with all modes) and ethernet card.

xoru

Back to top Go down

Post by xoru 2017-01-11, 12:38

valera228 wrote:Guys please.

Produce at least two versions

1 with 4 gb
2 with 8 gb RAM

Nowadays 4GB is nothing. And your target auditory are tech guys and geeks. We have money.
If it will cost 100$ more I will buy it 100%.

Also it would be great to have more SSD like 256 or 512. Or just use m2 or something like that to install my own ssd.
Of cource the price of 512 will signifintly large but you can build different ersion if you decide do not to use build in SSD.

Im higly recommend to think about replaceble parts for memory and SSD.

My dream is 16 gb RAM and 512 SSD with this size.

Thank you.

look pipo or GOLE 1 on z8300 but very small acumulator.

xoru

Back to top Go down

Post by JimB 2017-01-11, 17:15

Hi,
This device looks really interesting to me. I personally want a pocketable device for use in resturants.
In fact some time ago I asked around other forums if there was anything like this mock up I put together:

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Hs87lu

The above would be:
1. A non-detachable keyboard+display
2. Windows or Linux OS. Either offer a better productivity option. Even Chrome OS to a larger extent.
3. Display size bigger to make more use of the footprint. Personally I would prefer an 8" screeen though.
5. Mouse pad not so essential due to touch screen instead.

Looks like you have a good product coming through and I am surprised there is very little in way of new pocketable devices.

Would you consider making a bigger 8" version in the future? This would offer slightly more desktop space and perhaps not too much of a bigger device if you can keep the bezels around the screen small.

JimB

帖子数 : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by tnak 2017-01-11, 18:17

xoru wrote:
tnak wrote:
Fn+O -> [
shift+Fn+O -> {

Is it a problem?

In my opinion this is not comfortable. Tell me why You make separate key for '.'?
[]"'`\/; is this same chars for admin, programmers.
Every sentence in human language ended '.'
Every sentence in programing language ended ';'

Look at post @fg5100
This is a Linux user ;-)

(please change Win key to Linux key or A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Mec5ef9dd44484799fe6403933585f113o0%26pid%3D15 box with 4 corner near apple

My idea is simple: keep all character keys typeable

I think users cannot type narrow width keys easily, and that denies the basic concept
of this device.

To begin with, narrow width keys make the keyboard look bad.

tnak

Back to top Go down

Post by tnak 2017-01-11, 19:06

my requests (prioritized order, except keyboard layout)

1. display resolution: FHD(1920*1080), WUXGA(1920*1200) is better
2. storage expansion:
2.1. M.2 SSD slot (it can be set as a boot device) 2242 size, 2260 is better
2.2. micro SD slot
2.3. 128GB eMMC (already decided?)
3. 8GB RAM
4. additional power-in port (DC jack or USB-C)

about the storage configuration, I think: 64GB eMMC and an empty M.2 SSD slot
is nice to adopt to various requirements

tnak

Back to top Go down

Post by xoru 2017-01-11, 21:35

tnak wrote:My idea is simple: keep all character keys typeable
all keys

please ask friend, not only me. I prefer small keys than modyficator key.
This is my opinion. Ask more people than this forum, and ask in real not internet.

xoru

Back to top Go down

Post by tnak 2017-01-12, 16:53

My another key layout opinion, based on the original keyboard H/W.
'menu' key should be printed with an icon.

And unexpectedly, two keys are remaining.

So I assign one of remaining keys as '102' key.  That is equivalent to 102nd key of 102-key layout.
(but the key is at the opposite corner)
Users can map a character to it with a tool like MS Keyboard Layout Creator.

About another remaining key, I named it 'GPD' key.
And it works as PrintScreen key with the Fn combination.
However, about the key itself, I don't know tongue .  Basically, it's a remaining key.

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Gpdpoc11

tnak

Back to top Go down

Post by cmvrgr 2017-01-13, 03:00

Super. I already bought a GPD WIN. That 7" screen mini laptop with a better CPU (not ATOM) will be super. It will cover both Gamers that need a bigger screen (cause many games with text are unplayable in 5.5”) and UMPC users.

I am using my GPD Win as a UMPC with heavy apps and secondary as a gaming device.

I would prefer:

- Intel CoreM (with colling system like in gpd win) (i5 would be fantastic)
- 8 GB RAM
- 128 and 256 GB emc or SSD options
- Integrated LTE modem (global version with bands 3/7/20)
- Micro SD slot
- 2 usb ports
- Micro Hdmi port

A dedicated GPU (I know that is very hard for a super small space with that thermal envelop).

A fantastic device would be to compress an 13.3” ultra book with discrite graphics in a 7”-8” chassis. That would be the best all over ulta portable gaming and UMPC device ever.

I have faith in you like you did in GPD WIN and you will fix the specs to a better cpu and other specs.

Hope that you will make one soon. You will get my support for a second time.

cmvrgr

帖子数 : 12
注册日期 : 2016-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by GGG 2017-01-13, 04:39

- 8GB RAM
MUST
- 256GB ROM or higher
128GB could be enough but it should come with not so cheap SDcard slot.
Want performance to use SDCard as a storage.
- Keyboard backlight
- Trackpoint
love the location of VAIO, near "G,H,B", the image habberjohn had shared to us.
- 2 or 3 extra Physical key / button for user to define
maybe to allocate some kind of apps or batch to launch.
- non wacky layouted keyboard
even the key gets smaller I really don't want strange mapping keyboard.
original layout of "Tab" location is too ugly.

GGG

注册日期 : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Empty SIM card slot

Post by overdozer 2017-01-16, 04:38

I want SIM card slot to be installed in this model.
LTE correspondence correspondence please.

overdozer

注册日期 : 2017-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Potato 2017-01-16, 09:01

If it will have LTE I will definitely buy one.

Green Potato

帖子数 : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiegel 2017-01-16, 21:43

- Full russian keyboard please

- 8gb RAM

- Very hight screen resolution (https://m.alibaba.com/product/60493477382/For-Dell-Venue-8-7000-V7840.html)

- macOS compartable hardware

Spiegel

Back to top Go down

Post by the9thdude 2017-01-19, 02:29

I’d like to offer some feedback on the hardware, rather than the specifications. While it would be nice to have some of the things that I’ve seen mentioned (Core M, 8GB RAM, M2 SSD, etc) I don’t think it’s realistic that these would be included. Rather, I would like to see changes to: the chassis, the keyboard layout, I/O layout, and the thermal “layout.”

Starting with the chassis, I think it’s great that GPD is making an aluminum chassis and really do a good job at selling this as a “premium” product. Want to know what’s not “premium?” Bottom/side mounted speakers. Please move the speakers from the sides/bottom and put them on either side of that IPS panel for proper stereo sound that doesn’t get muffled easily. Speaking of the IPS panel, please do not use a glossy screen. This is feedback I’ve seen around the internet for the GPD WIN, that the glossy screen makes it difficult to use in outdoor/bright areas. So again, please no glossy display. Outside of those items, I think GPD generally hit the mark with chassis material and the screen.

Now, the one thing I want to see changed more than anything else: the keyboard layout. What. Kind. Of. Layout. Is. That?! I get you’re constrained on space when it comes to the chassis, but the keyboard layout is the most important thing when it comes to a laptop since it’s the main interface you’ll be using on a laptop. It’s just… that design is so bad. I’m a bit of a keyboard junkie and regularly lurk on /r/mechanicalkeyboards, so at least check out the 40% keyboard layout…

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 4dFiTbl

Just… Look at it! Four rows (five if you want to have dedicated function keys with shortcuts) and you get to keep all normal keyboard functionality! Smack the tracknub between the G H and B keys as most people are requesting, then put the left, middle, and right mouse buttons below the spacebar and I’d say you have a winning formula! Please GPD, you’re my only hope! (PS, please change the font to something that’s not hilariously big for the keys. I’d recommend Roboto.) I’d ask for backlighting, but apparently that’s in the works, so I’ll shutup about it Razz
Ok, drama aside, let’s move onto the I/O layout. While it’s perfectly serviceable as-is, I think it would be better to move it to the left side of the unit. “Why?” you ask? Why, because most of the population is right handed of course! Now, say you’re a right handed user and you plug a wired mouse into the right USB port, you’re going to smack into the USB connector sticking out of the side. A minor gripe, but again, it’s perfectly serviceable. Oh yeah, and before I move on, can we please get the microSD card slot back? Strange to see it on the GPD WIN, but not the Pocket…

Finally, something I consider second to the keyboard layout in terms of importance: thermal performance and the layout. This is srs business, because even though the Atom is a very cool chip to begin with, without proper ventilation, end-users will experience thermal throttling at some point. Here’s what I would recommend: use a blower-style fan typically found on other laptops and GPUs, intake air from the front, side, and bottom, then exhaust at the screen hinge towards the back. Previous generation Apple MacBook Pros do this, and as far as I’m aware, there is no patent on such a ventilation style (I’d attach an image, but I can’t find a good one.) Not only do I believe that this will increase thermal performance of the x8700 chipset, but I believe it will improve the user experience.

I know I said “finally” last paragraph, but there’s something else I would like to suggest: sell the GPD Pocket with a desktop dock. I know you can’t do GPU over Thunderbolt over an Atom chip since that’s a feature Intel hasn’t included in their Atom lineup, but I would like to see something like the Surface Dock that handles additional I/O and passes it to the unit. Specifically, a vertical standing dock (see picture below as an example) that lifts the unit off the ground and frees up the air intakes to improve the cooling would be fantastic (hence why I’d recommend three intake points.) Put four USB 2.1 ports (I don’t know if 3.0 would be an option), an Ethernet port, headphone/mic connectors, and a full sized HDMI port on it, then I’d say you have a proper dock setup. That would really drive home that this is a PC that you should bring with you wherever you go, and once you get home, you just dock it and retain the same files and hardware that you had on the go! It’s just so important though that if you decide to make a dock, that you include it with the product, even if it adds to the end cost. From my observations, if you don’t make a product like this compelling to use every day, it’s going to collect dust in a box somewhere and be forgotten, which I do not want to see with a promising product such as the GPD Pocket.

A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 Henge_docks_hd04va15mbpr_vertical_docking_station_for_1100943
A very tiny laptop (7-inch) - Page 2 448971-microsoft-docking-station-for-surface-pro-3

Overall, I’m excited for the GPD pocket as a product and cannot wait until the Indiegogo page goes live so I can throw my preorder in. Can’t wait to see more news of the Pocket in the future!

the9thdude

注册日期 : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cmvrgr 2017-01-19, 03:04

Without a better cpu/gpu it becomes a handicapped device from the beginning. If you use a cpu with better performance it comes to the tablet laptop area and opens widely to performance computing. That is meaning ability to run heavy apps and games that the atom can not handle even in it's dreams.

Ok we know that the cost will be higher if you fit an i5 cpu and it will not be capable to use a phone charger like an atom device but a regular power brick but it will transform it to a diffent higher level of productivity or gaming and get great potential.

Many of us that we bought GPD WIN we are both in umpc and gaming teritory and we have seen that atom has many limitations for work and play. A better GPU and CPU is the compination for sucess for running new games and apps not only the oldest ones.

cmvrgr

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Potato 2017-01-19, 14:02

cmvrgr wrote:Without a better cpu/gpu it becomes a handicapped device from the beginning. If you use a cpu with better performance it comes to the tablet laptop area and opens widely to performance computing. That is meaning ability to run heavy apps and games that the atom can not handle even in it's dreams.

Ok we know that the cost will be higher if you fit an i5 cpu and it will not be capable to use a phone charger like an atom device but a regular power brick but it will transform it to a diffent higher level of productivity or gaming and get great potential.

Many of us that we bought GPD WIN we are both in umpc and gaming teritory and we have seen that atom has many limitations for work and play. A better GPU and CPU is the compination for sucess for running new games and apps not only the  oldest ones.
This is not a gaming device ffs. Think before you write.

Green Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by cmvrgr 2017-01-19, 14:28

Green Potato wrote:
cmvrgr wrote:Without a better cpu/gpu it becomes a handicapped device from the beginning. If you use a cpu with better performance it comes to the tablet laptop area and opens widely to performance computing. That is meaning ability to run heavy apps and games that the atom can not handle even in it's dreams.

Many of us that we bought GPD WIN we are both in umpc and gaming teritory and we have seen that atom has many limitations for work and play. A better GPU and CPU is the compination for sucess for running new games and apps not only the  oldest ones.

Exactly it is not a gaming device - you misunderstood what I wrote - about UMPC usage and running applications and is supposed that GPD Pocket is for professional use and not gaming.

It needs more powerful CPU/GPU for all of users that they need in a super small form factor device to run Autocad, photoshop and many other heavy Apps. The 7” screen will help running cad and working easier with the 7” screen vs 5.5” of GPD WIN.

We can have 2 versions. One with atom cpu for light usage and once with a proper intel I5 CPU. There are a lot of business users that they are willing to pay more for a i5 device than atom in that tiny body.

You will see that if it will be equiped with a better cpu it will sell also more not only to business users but also  to gamers that the 5.5” screen of GPD WIN is very small for many games that have plenty of text and they require a faster CPU. I know GPD is not experienced on non mobile chipsets but this will make the difference !

I know is not an easy task but from photos and rendering the chassis is big and has the room to accommodate the faster cpu. This forum asks for our opinion buyers of GPD products and now GPD with that product touches business territory not only games and some users should change their way of thinking for that specific device.

I bought GPD win primary for Business usage and as a UMPC user to replace my vilin N5 and I am serving the Computing industry for more that 25 years.

I want to help as far as I can GPD because they gave hope to all of us business users to have a tiny windows based pc in our pocket.

I hope that GPD can benefit from many opinions for professional users not only gamers.

cmvrgr

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Potato 2017-01-19, 14:57

cmvrgr wrote:
Green Potato wrote:

Exactly it is not a gaming device - you misunderstood what I wrote - about UMPC usage and running applications and is supposed that GPD Pocket is for professional use and not gaming.

It needs more powerful CPU/GPU for all of users that they need in a super small form factor device to run Autocad, photoshop and many other heavy Apps. The 7” screen will help running cad and working easier with the 7” screen vs 5.5” of GPD WIN.

We can have 2 versions. One with atom cpu for light usage and once with a proper intel I5 CPU. There are a lot of business users that they are willing to pay more for a i5 device than atom in that tiny body.

You will see that if it will be equiped with a better cpu it will sell also more not only to business users but also  to gamers that the 5.5” screen of GPD WIN is very small for many games that have plenty of text and they require a faster CPU. I know GPD is not experienced on non mobile chipsets but this will make the difference !

I know is not an easy task but from photos and rendering the chassis is big and has the room to accommodate the faster cpu. This forum asks for our opinion buyers of GPD products and now GPD with that product touches business territory not only games and some users should change their way of thinking for that specific device.

I bought GPD win primary for Business usage and as a UMPC user to replace my vilin N5 and I am serving the Computing industry for more that 25 years.

I want to help as far as I can GPD because they gave hope to all of us business users to have a tiny windows based pc in our pocket.

I hope that GPD can benefit from many opinions for professional users not only gamers.
But what about battery life? And I agree with 2 versions, that's a good idea.

Green Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum