GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more

3 posters

Go down

windows - GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more Empty GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more

Post by cmvrgr 2016-11-13, 02:59

I just received my system and I have some problems.

1. It does not saving the scaling SETTINGS after I reboot the device. I choose 125% scalling and I change fonts from 9points to 13ponts that reset to 9pont after reboot.
2. If the charger is plugged in the device after pressing the power button it does not boot just shows the battery screen.
3. The screen is rotated wrongly at the first boot. you have to manually set rotation to 270 degrees and turn off the autorotation to have the laptop orientation.
4. The usb port sometimes is not detected some devices as usb3 but at usb2.
5. The power settings even if they are set in performance
not to desable screen and hybernation it just shut off some times.
6. Wifi reception is very bad in the same spots. with other devices smartphones and tablets I have 3/4 or 2/4 signal stregth and with gpd win I have none.
7.After updating to 1607 version of windows I am missing brightness Icon in the windows 10 action center. In device manager the monitor is not listed.

I have a question Playing and having the device pluged in charging is it safe;  The charger get too hot

Can someone help ?

cmvrgr

帖子数 : 12
注册日期 : 2016-10-14

Back to top Go down

windows - GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more Empty Re: GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more

Post by ArchiMark 2016-11-16, 07:42

Sorry to hear you habe so many problems.

When I first used the WIN I had the same issue regarding powering on and seeing the battery icon. Unfortunately, I don't remember what fixed this. There are posts over at dingoonity forum that explain how to fix.

With so many problems I recommend that you post your list on the WIN problems thread at dingoonity WIN forums that kendy from GPD started. She is reviewing posts and replying with help.

Hope this helps.

Mark
ArchiMark
ArchiMark

帖子数 : 22
注册日期 : 2016-11-07

Back to top Go down

windows - GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more Empty Re: GPD WIN - Windows Scaling problems and more

Post by Karen_zhou 2016-11-22, 10:59

cmvrgr wrote:I just received my system and I have some problems.

1. It does not saving the scaling SETTINGS after I reboot the device. I choose 125% scalling and I change fonts from 9points to 13ponts that reset to 9pont after reboot.
2. If the charger is plugged in the device after pressing the power button it does not boot just shows the battery screen.
3. The screen is rotated wrongly at the first boot. you have to manually set rotation to 270 degrees and turn off the autorotation to have the laptop orientation.
4. The usb port sometimes is not detected some devices as usb3 but at usb2.
5. The power settings even if they are set in performance
not to desable screen and hybernation it just shut off some times.
6. Wifi reception is very bad in the same spots. with other devices smartphones and tablets I have 3/4 or 2/4 signal stregth and with gpd win I have none.
7.After updating to 1607 version of windows I am missing brightness Icon in the windows 10 action center. In device manager the monitor is not listed.

I have a question Playing and having the device pluged in charging is it safe;  The charger get too hot

Can someone help ?

1. You have to choose either "Personal Scaling Setting" or "Only changing the fonts". If you have set the 125% scaling, I'm afraid the fonts changing has to be invalid.

2. If you have problem on turning on the device while charging it, it is because of the issue of intel processor power management.
In order to solve it, you need to plug off the charger, charging it after turning on the device, or turning off the device to charge it.

3. Because GPD WIN supports the gravity sensor, and the default setting of windows is in the horizontal position. It is like the smartphones supporting the rotation, so when you
found the screen was in verticle position, please put the GPD WIN in the horizontal position to make it correct. Next, click the infomation on the system bar, to click "rotation lock",
then next time when you enter the system it will not be in the verticle position.

4. USB Type A is 3.0 standard. For the USB 2.0 device, for example the USB flash drive which supports USB 2.0, because the USB 3.0 also compatible with 2.0,
so it can only be used in the compatible mode of 2.0.

5. In the windows 10 system, do not change the default setting of the power management. Because ths sleeping mode of windows 10 has some bugs, which will result
in the shutting down of the device suddenly. We are not in the process of contacting intel official and microsoft official, hopefully we will find out the
solution for this issue.

6. This is because of the wifi channel and the disturbance of bluetooth, as wifi and bluetooth are in the same chip, so that wifi can be disturbed by the bluetooth
device signal easily. We suggest you to switch off the bluetooth function and give it a try. If the problem still occurs, please try to download the wifi patch.

7. The default place for brightness icon is on the bottom right of the system bar inside information. Also if you click the right key to the desktop, then to choose "display
setting", you can also adjust the brightness for your device.

Lastly, when you playing with the device, it is okay to stay plugged in.The power adapter for GPD WIN is 5V/2.5A with the following charging logic:
when charging with the device turning on, the 5V/2A is for the charging of battery, and 5V/0.5A is for the charging of the device. When charging with the device
turing off, it only charges the 5V/2A for the battery. This is why sometimes to charge it with the device on is faster than with the device turning off. If you
find out the power adaptor too hot, it may because of its quality, we suggest you to change to another power adapter and give it a try.

We hope this may help to solve your issue.

Karen_zhou

帖子数 : 47
注册日期 : 2016-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down