GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates

5 posters

Go down

windows - GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates Empty GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates

Post by alexandros 2018-02-13, 21:32

Hi GPD Teams,

It would be nice if you released an updated image for both Windows and Linux OS as it would solve most of the problems related in this forums, hence relieve you from having to provide much support and also relieve your customers from some of the hassles on the currently provided images.

Why not a dual boot image that uses 64GB for Windows and 64GB for Linux, if technically possible. Otherwise, refer to my other request in this forum (link hereafter) regarding a single universal BIOS that supports both Linux and Windows as well as the multi-boot boot loaders:
http://forum.gpd.hk/t217-gpd-pocket-universal-dual-boot-windows-linux-single-firmware

Thank you.

alexandros

帖子数 : 18
注册日期 : 2018-02-10

Back to top Go down

windows - GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates Empty Re: GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates

Post by ArchiMark 2018-02-16, 02:41

+! for both requests...

Would be great to have a dual boot BIOS.

Thanks.
ArchiMark
ArchiMark

帖子数 : 22
注册日期 : 2016-11-07

Back to top Go down

windows - GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates Empty Re: GPD Pocket: new builds of Windows & Linux images with OS and driver updates

Post by Admin 2018-03-07, 09:39

That's sound good, but how to realize it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leledumbo 2018-04-01, 22:16

Shouldn't be hard, just use rEFInd or GRUB as boot manager. It should autodetect all OSes. Problem is Windows update tends to overwrite this with its own boot manager.

leledumbo

帖子数 : 1
注册日期 : 2018-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mancity 2018-04-21, 02:03

I'm running Windows 10 and Ubuntu 17.10 in a dual boot configuration with no known problems, that I am aware of. There is a youtube video of a Chinese girl showing how to achieve this. I had a windows 10 version of the GPD pocket and then installed Ubunto from a USB drive image after first backing up my Windows partition.

mancity

帖子数 : 4
注册日期 : 2017-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down