GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Mapping software

2 posters

Go down

Mapping software Empty Mapping software

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-03, 13:55

Hello,

many thanks to have created this handheld device, I use it a lot! But I need an improvement into the built-in mapping application.
I wish these modifications due to the difficult to manage DOSBox emulation.
In fact, some time the game support the joypad sometime not and I have to use virtual keyboard.

Here I wish to use the mapping software and I have some difficulties I explain here,

1. I cannot save the button position and every time I need to redo the positioning into the virtual keyboard layout. Please see the picture. I need to be able to save profiles per game.
Mapping software Screen10

2. I cannot disable unwanted button, for example when the game recognizes the joystick but not all the button I wish to map the unrecognized ones to the virtual keyboard. But when I activate the mapping the recognized button does not more works and they need to be mapped losing the game advanced feature like double press for another action. (one press opens the doors, double jump into Duke Nukem 3D).
It is possible to switch off only left joystick and right joystick. But not all the other buttons. Please allow to deactivate the singles buttons as needed.

3. I cannot change position of the right joystick in NORMAL mode, this can be an issue if using a virtual keyboard because it covers virtual buttons to be mapped.

4. When I act the visual control of the right joystick also L1,L2,R1,R2 disappears. I need only to deactivate the right joystick and continue to use the L1,L2,R1,R2 buttons so this is an issue. Please correct this since seems an error for me.

I understand that the mapping feature is mainly created for the android games but with these little improvements can be really solve all the issues the retrogamers are facing.
I really hope that you can take into account my request seriously.

Many thanks.

sandro@berserk.ch

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 2018-01-03

Back to top Go down

Mapping software Empty Re: Mapping software

Post by Admin 2018-01-04, 05:48

sandro@berserk.ch wrote:Hello,

many thanks to have created this handheld device, I use it a lot! But I need an improvement into the built-in mapping application.
I wish these modifications due to the difficult to manage DOSBox emulation.
In fact, some time the game support the joypad sometime not and I have to use virtual keyboard.

Here I wish to use the mapping software and I have some difficulties I explain here,

1. I cannot save the button position and every time I need to redo the positioning into the virtual keyboard layout. Please see the picture. I need to be able to save profiles per game.
Mapping software Screen10

2. I cannot disable unwanted button, for example when the game recognizes the joystick but not all the button I wish to map the unrecognized ones to the virtual keyboard. But when I activate the mapping the recognized button does not more works and they need to be mapped losing the game advanced feature like double press for another action. (one press opens the doors, double jump into Duke Nukem 3D).
It is possible to switch off only left joystick and right joystick. But not all the other buttons. Please allow to deactivate the singles buttons as needed.

3. I cannot change position of the right joystick in NORMAL mode, this can be an issue if using a virtual keyboard because it covers virtual buttons to be mapped.

4. When I act the visual control of the right joystick also L1,L2,R1,R2 disappears. I need only to deactivate the right joystick and continue to use the L1,L2,R1,R2 buttons so this is an issue. Please correct this since seems an error for me.

I understand that the mapping feature is mainly created for the android games but with these little improvements can be really solve all the issues the retrogamers are facing.
I really hope that you can take into account my request seriously.

Many thanks.

Many games or simulators can't be used with a joystick and touch, and only one input device can be recognized at the same time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-04, 13:55

I think you did not get my message. I am talking about DOSBox, all games supports keyboard, and/or mouse and/or joystick.
The mapper programme needs to be updated to solve the issue I, and for sure others have.
Thanks to it all games will become playable.
Is it really odd that i cannot save mapper profiles in order to call them when i need.

sandro@berserk.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-04, 14:03

Hello.

I resume the improvemnets to be more clear,

1. enable to "save as..." mapper button positions as profiles in order to save time when I load a game.
2. enable the feature to map only selective buttons (like the left and right joystick).
3. fix the issues that does not allow to move the right joystick on normal mode.
4. fix the issues that make L1,L2,R1,R2 disappears when i change visual control of the right joystick.

I hope now it is better.

Many thanks.

sandro@berserk.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-06, 10:06

sandro@berserk.ch wrote:I think you did not get my message. I am talking about DOSBox, all games supports keyboard, and/or mouse and/or joystick.
The mapper programme needs to be updated to solve the issue I, and for sure others have.
Thanks to it all games will become playable.
Is it really odd that i cannot save mapper profiles in order to call them when i need.

Button mapping in the DOSBox emulator may not be able to save.

We will consider upgrading the keymap.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-06, 11:35

Thanks, please contact me if you need suggestions at sandro@berserk.ch, just yesterday I noticed also that the possibility to decrease the size of every button is also really helpful and should be added to meet the differents virtual keyboards with little virtual buttons.

So my updated suggestions are,

1. split Save/Hide in order to have 2 choices instead of one and add "open" to open the saved profiles.

Save, save the keymap layout as name
Open, to open the saved profiles layouts.
Hide, just save and hide the current layout
Clean/Close it is ok like now.

2. enable the feature to map only selective buttons (like the left and right joystick) and select the size of every button mainly to decrease them.
3. fix the issues that does not allow to move the right joystick on normal mode.
4. fix the issues that make L1,L2,R1,R2 disappears when i change visual control of the right joystick.
The workaround is to hold with 4 fingers the buttons and while holding them push "right joystick: visual control".

Many thanks for your support.
Waiting the GPD XD+ i wish you a nice end of the day.

sandro@berserk.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-12, 21:33

Hi.
Who did the mapping software? The source code is available maybe?
Many thanks

sandro@berserk.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-17, 07:00

sandro@berserk.ch wrote:Thanks, please contact me if you need suggestions at sandro@berserk.ch, just yesterday I noticed also that the possibility to decrease the size of every button is also really helpful and should be added to meet the differents virtual keyboards with little virtual buttons.

So my updated suggestions are,

1. split Save/Hide in order to have 2 choices instead of one and add "open" to open the saved profiles.

Save, save the keymap layout as name
Open, to open the saved profiles layouts.
Hide, just save and hide the current layout
Clean/Close it is ok like now.

2. enable the feature to map only selective buttons (like the left and right joystick) and select the size of every button mainly to decrease them.
The workaround is to hold with 4 fingers the buttons and while holding them push "right joystick: visual control".

Many thanks for your support.
Waiting the GPD XD+ i wish you a nice end of the day.
Any good suggestions, you can email wade@gpd.hk!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-01-17, 07:01

sandro@berserk.ch wrote:Hi.
Who did the mapping software? The source code is available maybe?
Many thanks
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-19, 19:28

Since i think my suggestion are not taken into account quicky, i wish to make the changes to the program and give you the solution. But i need the source code to operate. this is was i meant. Smile
The mapping software source code is available to make any changes?

Many thanks.

sandro@berserk.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by sandro@berserk.ch 2018-01-22, 20:56

[quote="Admin"]
sandro@berserk.ch wrote:Any good suggestions, you can email wade@gpd.hk!

I continue receiving

wade@gpd.hk
bizmx13.qq.com
Remote Server returned '550 Mail content denied.

I am unable to send you an email.

sandro@berserk.ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum