GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key

3 posters

Go down

windows - New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key Empty New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key

Post by MX21 2018-06-21, 02:33

I recently received a new GPD Pocket from Gearbest, but it has an invalid windows activation key.

How do I get a valid activation key?

MX21

帖子数 : 6
注册日期 : 2018-06-21

Back to top Go down

windows - New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key Empty Re: New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-06-21, 22:02

The first thing to do is contact Gearbest and see what they can do.
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

帖子数 : 17

Back to top Go down

windows - New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key Empty Re: New GPD Pocket has invalid windows activation key

Post by MX21 2018-06-22, 17:45

Gearbest told me that they don't have any licenses from the vendor (GPD) and that I can just use it unactivated.

That's not what I paid for.  I paid for a system with a legal copy of Windows 10.

MX21

Back to top Go down

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-06-22, 17:59

In that case, I would ask for a return and replacement or refund.
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

Back to top Go down

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-06-22, 19:38

It just occurred to me, are you looking for a label on the bottom of the laptop? They don't do that with Windows 10 computers, the keycode in embedded in the hardware. You can check with Control Panel/ System. Towards the bottom of the page is the activation status. What does it say?
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

Back to top Go down

Post by MX21 2018-06-22, 20:05

I already checked for embedded product key and there is not one. The activation code is a label on the box. After talking to microsoft they say the key is blocked.

MX21

Back to top Go down

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-06-22, 20:52

I just looked at my box and there is a label on the inside of the cover. So you entered that key and it didn't work and you were told it was blocked. I suggest you contact the seller and ask for a replacement computer with a key code that has not been blocked. The only reason I can think of for Microsoft to block a key is if that key had been used in more than one computer. Once it is activated by one computer than same key won't work in a second computer. Sounds like GPD screwed up.
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

Back to top Go down

Post by MX21 2018-06-22, 22:34

Yes, I've sent a support request to GPD as well, but no response from them yet.

Thanks for helping.

MX21

Back to top Go down

Post by MX21 2018-07-03, 20:22

GPD is not responding to any emails or their web contact form. Anyone have a good email address to get support??

MX21

Back to top Go down

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-07-03, 22:53

If Windows is working but not activated, there is an alternative way to activate by telephone. At least that can be done in my country. It is a little bit tedious because you have to enter a bunch of number into the form and then Microsoft gives you another bunch of number to enter and if you do it right your Windows is activated. Once it is activated, the number is registered to you in your laptop and at Microsoft. You can format the hard disk and reinstall Windows and it should be activated without having to do anything further.
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang 2018-07-25, 11:12

please send email to kendyz@gpd.hk, she will help you

Yang

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 2018-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down