GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release?

4 posters

Go down

Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release? Empty Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release?

Post by Tylermbcs 2018-05-28, 22:40

Hi there,

I've only recently discovered these wonderful devices. My greatest respect to gpd for delving into such an under-utilised niche.

I'm absolutely in love with the design of the gpd pocket! It seems the best fit for my needs (a lot of office work, however also some light gaming/more intense activities). Despite loving the design and overall capabilities, I can't help but feel like I'd be wasting my money if I were to purchase one at this point.

The reasoning behind this is that I suspect a pocket 2 likely isn't *too* far away, despite me being unable to find any mention of it. The win 2 has recently been released, which makes me think that the pocket will be next in line to get some love.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the win 2 also! They're all great devices. It's more the aesthetics of the pocket that persuade me (also the more optimised keyboard, for when I'm typing on the go). I'm tempted to dive into a win 2 due to the better hardware, but I'd much prefer to wait for the next iteration of the pocket, as long as it's on the horizon.

So here's my question! Either to those of you who are able to access information I cannot (maybe details have emerged, and I've missed them?) or to gpd themselves, if they're in a position to release any such information -which I understand may not be the case- about the future of the pocket.

Is there any estimate for a release of a pocket 2? If there's even a rough timeframe, can anyone give me some hope? I'd much prefer to wait, but I'm feeling myself buckling under the temptation to just settle for the win 2: some incentive to continue the struggle would be very much appreciated!

Thank you all in advance!

Tylermbcs

帖子数 : 1
注册日期 : 2018-05-28

Back to top Go down

Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release? Empty Re: Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release?

Post by 8inchPocket 2018-05-29, 03:37

Yes, I would like to know also please.

I think it will need to be more thoroughly tested than the original to prevent the problems I have seen posted on this forum. Having said that, it would be useful to know how many GPD Pockets have been sold and, of those, what percentage have had a problem reported.

Maybe some of the problems could be prevented by choosing components from companies that have a reputation for producing the most robust and reliable products.

Do not waste time on producing gaming machines. These gaming devices achieve nothing for the improvement of society. The "Powers that should NOT be" love to see people distracted by such things so that they can manipulate and exploit the masses of society for their own evil benefit.

Thanks!

8inchPocket

帖子数 : 8
注册日期 : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release? Empty Re: Is there any indication as to the timing of a pocket 2 release?

Post by Mauricio 2018-06-04, 18:48

Mauricio
Mauricio

帖子数 : 2
注册日期 : 2018-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 8inchPocket 2018-06-04, 22:34

If that is the Pocket 2, then, it is NOT an improvement over the original Pocket!

8inchPocket

帖子数 : 8
注册日期 : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauricio 2018-06-04, 22:39

I agree. Maybe it be just a simple change to a more thin body.
Mauricio
Mauricio

帖子数 : 2
注册日期 : 2018-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ronc 2018-06-12, 01:24

8inchPocket wrote:

If that is the Pocket 2, then, it is NOT an improvement over the original Pocket!

I agree, it's a disaster. They even removed the mouse!!!!! Unbelievable.   All I want is a decent 7" or 8" laptop (i5) with a Thinkpad/Pocket7 style mouse. Forget gaming and all that wasted space for gaming controls. Thicker case than the Pocket 7 would be fine to fit a much bigger battery.  Also, a way to install Windows 10 from Microsoft only, including Microsoft only drivers the way Intel does it with the NUC. The size of "firmware" should only be a few megabytes, certainly not measured in Gigs. Also, the battery and the SSD should be plug-in replaceable.

ronc

帖子数 : 11
注册日期 : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down