GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset

2 posters

Go down

windows - Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset Empty Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset

Post by Chooi 2018-03-17, 18:33

Hi, Not used my GPD Pocket but when I wanted to recently, seem to have forgotten my password. How do I reset it? Says I need USB key? Thanks
Chooi
Chooi

帖子数 : 3
注册日期 : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

windows - Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset Empty Re: Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-06-26, 17:48

The USB key must be created when Windows was working properly. But there is another way.

Reset Your Windows Password Using the Command Prompt
1. Boot your computer using your Windows installation disc.
2. Wait for the setup files to load, and select your language. Click Next.
3. Click the Repair your computer link on the Install Windows screen.
4. Select the operating system to repair, and note the drive letter on which the OS is installed (it is probably C: or D:). Click Next.
5. Click Command Prompt at the bottom of the list of recovery tools.
Now you need to overwrite the Sticky Keys executable with the Command Prompt executable. Sticky Keys is an accessibility feature that allows a user to tap the Shift, Ctrl, Alt, or Windows key once to achieve the same effect as holding the key down. Ordinarily, tapping Shift five times activates Sticky Keys--but with this trick, you are going to make tapping Shift five times activate the Windows Command Prompt instead.
The instructions below use drive letter C: as an example. If your operating system is installed on another drive, replace C: with the appropriate drive letter.
1. In the Command Prompt window, type copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ and press Enter.
2. Type copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe and press Enter.
3. Exit the Command Prompt and reboot the computer. At the login screen, tap Shift five times. The Command Prompt will pop up.
4. Type net user username password, replacing username with your username and password with a new password.
5. Exit the Command Prompt, and log in using your new password.
To prevent another user from exploiting the same trick to reset your password, you can restore Sticky Keys as follows:
1. Step through the instructions above to boot the PC using your Windows installation disc, open the recovery tools, and launch the Command Prompt.
2. Type copy /y c:\sethc.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe and press Enter.
3. Exit the Command Prompt and reboot the computer. Pressing Shift five times will now activate Sticky Keys instead of the Command Prompt. Store your Windows installation disc in a secure location.
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

帖子数 : 17
注册日期 : 2018-06-21

Back to top Go down

windows - Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset Empty Re: Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset

Post by Chooi 2018-06-28, 22:33

How do I put Windows installation disc in GPD without drive?
Chooi
Chooi

Back to top Go down

windows - Forgotten Log-in for Windows - How to reset Empty You create a bootable USB Thumb drive

Post by Edmund Dorf 2018-06-28, 22:58

I download a copy of Windows from Microsoft using the Windows Creation Tool. I save the file as a .iso file. Then I use a free utility called Rufus to create a bootable windows thumb drive and boot up on the thumb drive.

Chooi wrote:How do I put Windows installation disc in GPD without drive?

Last edited by Edmund Dorf on 2018-06-29, 00:01; edited 1 time in total
Edmund Dorf
Edmund Dorf

帖子数 : 17
注册日期 : 2018-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Chooi 2018-06-28, 23:38

Ok thank you. I will try that!
Chooi
Chooi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down