GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Would buy GPD Pocket if...

3 posters

Go down

If GPD made a PRO version of the Pocket, you'd expect it to...

pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap16%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap16%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap11%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap5%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap11%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap5%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_lcap0%pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Empty Would buy GPD Pocket if...

Post by Rowan 2018-03-13, 21:40

Hello everyone, and hello to the engineers @ GPD!

I'm a .NET developer working on various projects from websites to windows services. I was seriously considering forking $500 to get myself a GPD Pocket when I realized that there was one crucial item missing from this device: the ability to load up a SIM card into the GPD and have access to the internet! I mean since this device is meant for ultra-portability, having a SIM card and the ability to access the net via 3G or 4G is a no-brainer.

It would also be lovely to see more storage space on the device - 128GB just doesn't cut it, you know? 256GB is I think the strict minimum for someone who uses Windows for productivity... this would really help those who want to get work done while they're on the go. Let's not forget that Visual Studio 2017 requires 130GB for a complete install!

Perhaps a GPD Pocket PRO version? I envision a similar device with 8GB or 16GB of RAM and 256 or 512GB of storage...
Would still be better than the Surface if you ask me Smile

Otherwise guys, thanks for making such an awesome device. I hope my suggested improvements will be taken into consideration. I'm glad to know about GPD Smile

Much Tech Love,
RR
Rowan
Rowan

帖子数 : 1
注册日期 : 2018-03-13

Back to top Go down

pocket - Would buy GPD Pocket if... Empty Re: Would buy GPD Pocket if...

Post by 8inchPocket 2018-03-14, 00:45

If they could make it as wide and deep as the following with the keyboard using all available space and the Trackpoint in the correct position, it would provide a much better keyboard experience.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kspro-8-2-umpc-ultra-mobile-pc-with-windows-10-computer#/

A Trackpad would require excessive extra space and it would no longer be a UMPC.

A device like this would be superb for Touring Cyclists and Backpackers.

See my following post.

http://forum.gpd.hk/t203-8-inch-pocket#1294

8inchPocket

帖子数 : 8
注册日期 : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by urgno 2018-03-14, 14:49

> Have bluetooth

why this choice ?
the actual pocket does have bt ofc.
urgno
urgno

帖子数 : 12
注册日期 : 2017-09-07
地点 : Italy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down