GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep

5 posters

Go down

pocket - GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep Empty GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep

Post by cyprus123 2018-02-19, 10:02

Hi

The GPD Pocket is great. I'm pleased with it; apart from one problem.

Every time I turn it on the keyboard and mouse pointer don't work! This even occurs if I leave the machine for a few minutes and the screen goes dim, then I bring it back to life.

In Device Manager there is a device with an error "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)" (screenshot attached).

If I uninstall that device and then press "Scan for Hardware Changes" the keyboard and mouse pointer start working and the device "USB Composite Device" appears. (Second attached screenshot).

Clearly it is impractical to do this every time I want to use the device!

I suspect that this is a driver issue but I have tried all of the drivers that I can find online without success.

I also haven't been able to find anyone else reporting the same issue online (surprisingly).

I previously owned a GPD Pocket which I bought from ebay and that did not exhibit this problem.

I wonder if you can offer me some help in resolving this issue please?

Thank you

Simon

https://i.imgur.com/1fmS3eG.png
https://i.imgur.com/AiKIvCO.png

cyprus123

帖子数 : 3
注册日期 : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

pocket - GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep Empty Re: GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep

Post by SwissMac 2018-02-19, 13:11

Hello,
I suggest to Check the Power Settings:

Open the "Device Manager", expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch, then double-click the USB Devices and choose the Power Management tab.

Turn off the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Hope that helps.
SwissMac
SwissMac

注册日期 : 2018-02-14

Back to top Go down

pocket - GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep Empty Re: GPD Pocket Keyboard and mouse pointer don't work after sleep

Post by cyprus123 2018-02-25, 01:05

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I still have them same problem.

I now also get this error from time to time when I delete and then re-scan for hardware changes:
https://i.imgur.com/cQYshis.jpg

DroidBox suggested reinstalling Windows. That seems a bit drastic when everything else works perfectly well!

cyprus123

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2018-03-07, 09:04

Hello cyprus123 , any questions about Pocket, please send your email to kendyz@gpd.hk. Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyprus123 2018-04-12, 18:50

I tried reinstalling Windows as suggested by DroidBox and Kendyz@gpd.hk and all has been well for quite some time.

However, I had the problem again yesterday.  

It *may* only happen when the device is plugged into the mains.  I will test that hypothesis more and try to prove it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

cyprus123

Back to top Go down

Post by alissa914 2018-04-13, 22:11

Admin wrote:Hello cyprus123 , any questions about Pocket, please send your email to kendyz@gpd.hk. Thanks.

Admin,

These forums are really here to help all of us, right? If every answer is to email kendyz@gpd.hk, then why even have the forum?

I know I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Lauren

alissa914

帖子数 : 5
注册日期 : 2018-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 8inchPocket 2018-04-13, 23:25

alissa914 wrote:
Admin,

These forums are really here to help all of us, right?  If every answer is to email kendyz@gpd.hk, then why even have the forum?

I know I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Lauren

I do not own one of these yet but I second this motion (idea).

8inchPocket

帖子数 : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down