GPD掌机官方论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members
No user

Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD

2 posters

Go down

linux - Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD Empty Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD

Post by walwyn 2017-09-01, 04:07

I received my Ubuntu GPD Pocket and it appeared to work OK. There was one issue with the wifi not appearing but it showed up again after rebooting. I updated the software using the standard apt-get method. After rebooting the wifi interface no longer appears. it doesn't show up in the "dmesg" listing, or in lspci, and nothing happens when I try to load the brscmfmac driver. It's as if the hardware is just gone. For now i am using a USB wifi dongle to get network connectivity.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was wondering if I should try a firmware reload (I haven't found a procedure for this, but I see that there have been announcements of firmware availability). Is the device supposed to be updated from Ubuntu's repository?

walwyn

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 2017-09-01

Back to top Go down

linux - Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD Empty Re: Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD

Post by Admin 2017-10-18, 10:24

Ubuntu_0809_2.iso
Download: https://mega.nz/#!ABIW2RrB!j438Zu72ws3DXUH3z2gZNXFMTr6BanC8KAPll8sQZ3M
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1877AF501B37A63D35B20E495004C0D029E6135A
Bit torrent seed: https://mega.nz/#!9rhDVQrL!L8Ej7nj2NNmRk_jN9-yyw7WSDZ1TwO7C_I3UJVyMCME

Brush the firmware
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

https://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

linux - Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD Empty Re: Wifi interface is gone on Linux GPD

Post by walwyn 2017-11-22, 14:01

I appreciate the reply. I've loaded the Linux Mint, and done upgrades from the base. I've got the sideways screen issue fixed, worked the fonts and menus, and I can actually see what's on the screen now. I may try to boot the stock firmware installer just to see if it sees the wifi interface (without actually installing it; I hate Unity). I see that the bcm4356 is a single-chip device. Is it a module on the motherboard, or soldered in place? In other words, is it replaceable?

walwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by walwyn 2017-11-22, 19:31

I booted the 17.04 respin and the wifi is not detected. Is that interface replaceable?

walwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by walwyn 2017-11-22, 20:42

I haven't been able to load up one of your standard images. They don'e seem to create a bootable drive that the uefi can see. At least not when created with dd.

walwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2017-11-27, 03:36

walwyn wrote:I haven't been able to load up one of your standard images. They don'e seem to create a bootable drive that the uefi can see. At least not when created with dd.

I suggest you change a USB 3.0 USB flash drive and write the Ubuntu firmware through UltraISO to a USB drive.

Because it is possible that the interface cannot identify USB 2.0 USB 2.0 USB drives.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by walwyn 2017-11-30, 02:23

The problem is only with your images; the Mint and respin images work fine, so it is not the usb drive.

walwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by walwyn 2017-12-01, 18:22

Fixed it. Someone on Redditt suggested undoing any changes I'd made to the BIOS. I thought I had, but I decided to reset to defaults anyway. Now the interface shows up.

walwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 2017-12-04, 07:58

walwyn wrote:Fixed it. Someone on Redditt suggested undoing any changes I'd made to the BIOS. I thought I had, but I decided to reset to defaults anyway. Now the interface shows up.

OK
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down