Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Top posting users this week
onlyagibson
 

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 179 on 2017-12-21, 16:06
The most tagged members


Restore to factory default

Go down

Restore to factory default

Post by anthony0517 on 2017-08-28, 07:05

I am a beginner of GPD pocket PC and want to know how to restore the PC to factory default. I received this pocket PC from a friend and want to remove all the data/software in that PC. Is there any image file stored in the notebook and how to trigger the reset procedure?

Thanks very much for your input!! Very Happy

anthony0517

帖子数 : 1
注册日期 : 2017-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by Admin on 2017-10-18, 10:27

It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by hup333 on 2017-10-18, 11:30

Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

hup333

帖子数 : 25
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by Admin on 2017-10-23, 05:57

hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

To format NTFS!
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by hup333 on 2017-10-23, 12:10

Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

To format NTFS!

Format NTFS, copy files, won't boot

hup333

帖子数 : 25
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by Admin on 2017-10-27, 11:23

hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

To format NTFS!

Format NTFS, copy files, won't boot

Did you change the name of the usb drive to WINPE?
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by walwyn on 2017-11-23, 00:52

What does it mean: brush the firmware again? I've done countless OS installations on PCs and I've never heard that.

I have the Linux GPD Pocket. I've loaded it up with a couple of third party OS's, but the "firmware" from GPD doesn't work. I was going to try the GPD version again to see if my on board wifi interface comes back.

What normally happens with Linux is you dd the ISO to a USB stick and boot from it. You either get an installation program or a live version of the OS to try. The GPD images aren't even recognized by the Pocket as bootable drives. So, this "brushing" must be something different. Does anyone know what that might be?

walwyn

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 2017-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by Admin on 2017-11-27, 03:33

Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

To format NTFS!

Format NTFS, copy files, won't boot

Did you change the name of the usb drive to WINPE?

You just need to use the UltraISO software to write the downloaded firmware to the usb flash drive, then the usb drive is installed. You don't need to format the operation.
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by hup333 on 2017-11-27, 03:52

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

To format NTFS!

Format NTFS, copy files, won't boot

Did you change the name of the usb drive to WINPE?

You just need to use the UltraISO software to write the downloaded firmware to the usb flash drive, then the usb drive is installed. You don't need to format the operation.


I used windows 10 create tools
Used device manager, search for driver. Did unpack the drivers rar to onedrive
After every driver is installed, i run the wifi fix, to get wifi working

Reset windows
Then every driver are installed
run wifi fix

If i want to reinstall i just reset windows, run wifi fix from my onedrive

I use my phone with usb tethering to get internet
And with onedrive, files one demand, no need to download all the files, only the driver files windows need

hup333

帖子数 : 25
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by Admin on 2017-12-04, 08:02

hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:
hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:It's best to brush the firmware again!

Windows 10 Home Firmware

GPD Pocket Firmware of Windows OS (20170526)
https://mega.nz/#!pJpWDSDJ!xv1E-Lsa9m-9KOXqyofHvdB90lmJ7_Ln6zVzmSwAhtI
Magnet URI: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C5F9D88B90282C413D6D37CBFC5B96C3C30D81C5

I can't use that
There are a files over 4GB
Copy past to fat32 get rejected. Don't support files over 4GB

To format NTFS!

Format NTFS, copy files, won't boot

Did you change the name of the usb drive to WINPE?

You just need to use the UltraISO software to write the downloaded firmware to the usb flash drive, then the usb drive is installed. You don't need to format the operation.


I used windows 10 create tools
Used device manager, search for driver. Did unpack the drivers rar to onedrive
After every driver is installed, i run the wifi fix, to get wifi working

Reset windows
Then every driver are installed
run wifi fix

If i want to reinstall i just reset windows, run wifi fix from my onedrive

I use my phone with usb tethering to get internet
And with onedrive, files one demand, no need to download all the files, only the driver files windows need


Very professional!
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 509
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://gpdclub.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Restore to factory default

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum